Daily Express :: UK Feed
This moment of silence starts the service at the Cenotaph memorial in London.
The service will honour the Armed Forces community, British and Commonwealth veterans, the Allies that fought alongside the UK and the civilian servicemen and women involved in the two World Wars and later conflicts.
This year’s remembrance also marks 75 years since the great battles of 1944, including Monte Cassino, Kohima and Imphal, D-Day and the collaboration of Commonwealth and Allied forces.
Also being honoured is the 100th anniversary of the Government Communications Headquarters (GCHQ) “and the role of the secret services whose courage and work is so often unknown”.
- Corbyn facing fresh Brexit crisis as 116 Labour candidates vow to fight to Remain in EU
- Remainer Labour candidate faces backlash for claim poppies endorse ‘legalised mass murder’
- Brexiteers celebrate as Emily Thornberry predicted to lose seat ‘Karma of highest order!’
- Corbyn to hit YOU with eye-watering £2,400 bill if Labour elected in general election
- Farage urges Tories to stand aside to give Brexit Party clear run in no-hope Labour seats