🇬🇧 SHARE FAR AND WIDE 🇬🇧
Local Tory MP Laurence Robertson said he was “delighted” by the news, which he hailed as proof that Britain was set to thrive outside the bloc – while acknowledging the chances of a withdrawal agreement being signed with Brussels were dwindling fast. Dowty Propellers in Huddlecote, Gloucestershire, a leading manufacturer of aircraft propeller systems for both civil and military applications, broke ground on its new manufacturing facility at Gloucester Business Park last week.
The base will serve as the company’s new business headquarters as well as the production and repair facility for Dowty employees in the UK, who are currently working out of interim facilities in the Gloucestershire area.
The company, which is owned by US-based Jefferson Group, manufactures products used in commercial airliners and military airlifters, multi-role seaplanes and marine hovercraft.
Mr Robertson, Tory MP for Tewksbury, said: “What happened probably about three years ago is they had an unfortunate fire at the building and it completely burned down.
So I’m obviously delighted that they’ve decided to come back to this constituency.
“They are owned by Jefferson Group and they employ between 1,600 and 1,800 people so it’s fantastic news.
“It’s also a very good sign for post-Brexit Britain’s ability to thrive outside the European Union.
Continue reading article…
Local Tory MP Laurence Robertson said he was “delighted” by the news, which he hailed as proof that Britain was set to thrive outside the bloc – while acknowledging the chances of a withdrawal agreement being signed with Brussels were dwindling fast.
- Labour Civil War: Jeremy Corbyn will be overthrown in coup next week claims party MP
- Anna Soubry shamed over Brexit: ‘This is what happens when you tell 17.4m to f**k off!’
- Protests erupt across Britain as Remainers and Brexit supporters CLASH near Downing Street
- 🚨 WATCH LIVE NOW🚨 VIOLENT LEFTISTS ON THE STREETS OF LONDON OVER BORIS JOHNSON WINNING…
- How much do sacked MPs get in ‘redundancy’? Will Dominic Grieve, Anna Soubry get pay out?