🇬🇧 SHARE FAR AND WIDE 🇬🇧
We should be deep in silly season, but two weeks into recess, Westminster is still a hive of activity. Bad news for purveyors of pictures of unusually shaped vegetables, but very good news for Brexit. Dominic Cummings has continued his pugnacious announcements, this week reminding Remainer MPs that they do not get to ‘choose which votes they respect’. He’s also announced that he will pursue a ‘one strike and you’re out’ policy on civil service leaks. As our contributor Nick Busvine notes, this is increasingly important at a time where the civil service have become more politicised than ever.
The government appears admirably focussed on making sure that Whitehall is as prepared as it can be for Brexit. The change of pace we have seen under Prime Minister Johnson is evidence of how much more could have been achieved if Brexiteers had been running the show all along. Cummings has also demanded proof from all government departments that they are no deal ready. Unsurprisingly, the Treasury and Business Department are reported to have performed worst, having been run by arch-Remainers in the previous Cabinet.
Remainer MPs continue to cast around for ways in which they can stop no deal. But the momentum appears to have been decisively seized by Johnson and his team. With Jeremy Corbyn still under pressure from his own side and performing poorly in the polls, it seems unlikely he will be able to command a majority in Parliament after a vote of No Confidence, without a General Election. Team Johnson look to be riding a powerful wave. FULL STORY BELOW ⬇️
- VIDEO – Nigel Farage – I would much rather scrap PM Boris Johnson’s new deal and have a clean break- let’s just leave and get on with our lives.
- Alex Kane: The DUP should take nothing for granted, a lot of unionists, perhaps even the majority, feel pretty let down right now
- The Government must hold firm against the demand for future alignment of the British and EU economies
- Boris Johnson has delivered a Brexit deal that eurosceptics can – and should – enthusiastically support Says Jacob Rees-Mogg
- VIDEO – HEAVYWEIGHT BREXITEER BOXER DEREK CHISORA LOVES WINDING UP REMAINERS… FULL INTERVIEW🥊🇬🇧