EMMANUEL MACRON has been accused of showing “contempt” for the country’s farm sector by right-wing MP Christian Jacob, following a rash of attacks on the offices of lawmakers from the president’s party by farmers angry over a major EU-Canada trade deal.
- Jacob Rees-Mogg issues damning verdict on how history will remember ‘damaged’ John Bercow
- VIDEO – MERKEL FEARS BRITAIN BECOMING MAJOR COMPETITOR POST BREXIT
- SHOCKING – These British politicians conspiring with foreign leaders against the British people should never be allowed to stand in UK elections again.
- VIDEO – NIGEL FARAGE – WHAT DOES THE ENEMY FEAR?
- VIDEO – THE DEATH OF THE EU – DOUGLAS MURRY
France’s centrist government is widely seen as out of touch with the common man, with the country’s young leader described as showing contempt for lower-income workers. “Farmers are denouncing the [government’s] arrogance and contempt for the farming world,” Mr Jacob, head of the conservative bloc in the lower house, told Le Monde newspaper when asked to comment on the office attacks. “This simmering anger was exacerbated by the approval of CETA: some officials have blatantly lied, telling farmers the free-trade pact will have little impact on the farming industry,” he continued, before slamming the government’s “inconsiderateness”.